My previous post Life Coach? what is a life coach? provides understanding of what a life coach is, now I will share some of the different methods that Life Coaches use to help their clients. I’ll briefly explain a few of them here.
- One-on-One Coaching
In this method, a life coach and client connect one-on-one, either in person, through phones, or over the internet (Skype, face-time, etc.), usually for 60-90 minutes each week.
Together, they discuss where the client is in their process, what results they’ve gotten from their efforts so far, and how to fine-tune those efforts and take the next step so they can continue to make progress in the coming week.
Life Coaches also teach their clients how to understand and apply the principles of success so that their efforts bear fruit more quickly than they could without that knowledge.
This method is useful for diving deep into a client’s life and mindset.
- Group Coaching
This style of life coaching takes place on a conference call with a group of clients, spending a portion of the call teaching the clients about the Principles of Success, and then taking time to have open discussion with answering any questions.
This method is a bit less in depth than one-on-one coaching, but it allows the clients to learn from each others’ questions and journeys, and to network with each other. It increases the energy that everyone receives through the calls, because they’re gathering in a community of passionate, like-minded people.
Group coaching allows a life coach to serve more individuals, create a passionate community for their clients.
- Live Events
Live events allow Life Coaches who enjoy interacting in person, wanting to help a lot of people get a fast start and learn a great deal in a short period of time, a live, on-stage event is an incredible way to do this.
These events can be one, two, even three days. This type of event gives a room full of individuals detailed guidance on how to create the life of their dreams, as well as assignments, action steps, and group exercises as needed, so that they can learn the material as quickly as possible in the time together.
- Pre-Recorded Curricula
Pre-Recorded Curricula is another way Life Coaches help their clients, this allows the client to consume the material at their own pace. The Life Coach will generally pair this type of coaching with group coaching calls to ensure that their clients are never left wondering how to use your teaching or what to do next.
- Combinations of the Above
Many Coaches combine two or more of the above methods in order to give their clients the best possible results.
Regardless of which system a Life Coach uses, it should include all four of these elements:
- Teaching the Universal Principles of Success. Without this element, the clients will never be able to create the results and transformations that they are looking for, so the Life Coach must be able to give them the training they need in this area.
- The system should help the client get clarity on what they truly desire, on their purpose in life, and on who they are at their core.
- The system should help the client form a practical, actionable, step-by-step plan to reach their goals. It should also teach them how to formulate future plans, so they can create success over and over again in every area of their life.
- The system should give the client ongoing support, so they never have to handle the changes they’re creating, or the obstacles they encounter, alone.
In my next post I’m excited to share my ‘why’ to becoming a Certified Whole Health Counselor and Certified Life Coach.
A Splendid Life NOW! LLC